This is a general advisory to prevent low back pain .
- Don’t slouch when standing or sitting. While standing, keep your weight balanced on your whole feet neither on heel nor on toes.
- Sit in a chair slightly tilted forwards ( water fall base ) with your knees below your hips and your feet under the chair. The height of chair must be equal to length of leg (heel to middle of knee joint)
- Keep your chest up and don’t poke your head forward. Your computer screen should be positioned so the middle of the screen is level with your eyes. Change sitting positions often and stand up every hour or walk around the office to make phone calls. Go to tea/coffee shop don’t drink on your work station.Use your computer with your wireless keyboard raised on a shelf or box. Do some exercise at your workstation. ( You can see these exercise at our site (EXERCISE AT WORK)
- Park your vehicle far away so that you could walk a little distance
- Drink plenty of water since it help in disc hydration. Dehydrated disc degenerate fast ; Tip – drink before thirsty
- Wear comfortable, low-heeled shoes.
- Sleep on your side or back to reduce excessive twisting in your spine. Ideally sleep on a fairly firm mattress with a soft ‘sleeper’ surface layer.
- Don’t try to lift objects too heavy for you. Lift with your knees bent, pull in your stomach muscles, and keep your head down and in line with your straight back. Keep the object close to your body. Do not twist your spine when lifting.
- Maintain proper nutrition and diet to reduce and prevent excessive weight which puts a chronic strain on lower back discs and muscles. A good diet without processed food and sugar and with sufficient daily intake of calcium, phosphorus and vitamin D3 helps to promote new bone growth.
- Sun soaking/baths ie. 30 minutes and 70 % body exposed are extremely beneficial in improving disc health an strength.
- If you smoke, stop. Smoking reduces blood flow to the spine and worsens spinal disc degeneration.
- There has been large-scale, clinical research into the physical and nutritional treatment of back pain and limited evidence of the efficacy of any other form of treatment for this condition.
Chattanooga Triton DTS
at Vikalp Physiotherapy Noida for Treating Back pain , Neck pain , Slip Disc etc..