Spondylolisthesis is the forward displacement of a vertebra, especially the fifth lumbar vertebra, most commonly occurring after a fracture. Backward displacement is referred to as retrolisthesis.Says Dr. Tyagi
1. A defective joint that you’ve had since birth (congenital).
2. A joint damaged by an accident or other trauma.
3. A vertebra with a stress fracture caused from overuse of the joint.
4. A joint damaged by an infection or arthritis
Signs and symptoms:
1. Back or buttock pain.
2. Pain that runs from the lower back down one or both legs.
3. Numbness or weakness in one or both legs.
4. Difficulty walking.
5. Leg, back, or buttock pain that gets worse when you bend over or twist.
6. Loss of bladder or bowel control, in rare cases
Treatment of Spondylolisthesis at Vikalp Physiotherapy Noida:
physical therapy — Stabilization exercises are the mainstay of treatment. These exercises strengthen the abdominal and/or back muscles, minimizing bony movement of the spine. Generally, eight to 12 weeks of aggressive daily treatment with stabilization exercises are needed to achieve clinical improvement.