An ankle sprain is an injury to the tough bands of tissue (ligaments) that surround and connect the bones of the leg to the foot. This can stretch or tear the ligaments that hold your ankle bones and joints together.The injury Typically happens when you accidentally twist or turn your ankle in an awkward way. Says by Dr.Tyagi
Symptoms of an Ankle Sprain:
You may have a sprained ankle if you notice the following symptoms in the ankle:
5. inability to put weight on the affected ankle
6. skin discoloration
Treatment of Ankle Sprain at Vikalp Physiotherapy Noida:
Treating a sprained ankle is important to promote recovery and to prevent further discomfort. Your doctor may provide you with some tips and items that you can use to care for the sprain while you recover. It’s important not to put weight on the injured area while you’re recovering from an ankle sprain.
Some of this Modalities should be used:
1. Hot pack
4. Wooble Board
You may be able to treat mild sprains at home. Recommended home care treatments include:
1. Using elastic bandages (such as an ACE bandage) to wrap your ankle.
2. Wearing a brace to support your ankle.
3. Using crutches, if needed.
4. Elevating your foot with pillows while resting or sleeping. This will help reduce swelling.
5. Taking ibuprofen (such as Advil) or acetaminophen (such as Tylenol) to manage swelling and pain.
6. Getting plenty of rest and not putting weight on your ankle.
1. wrapping the affected ankle in an elastic bandage
2. wearing a brace, if necessary
3. performing strengthening exercises
4. avoiding high heels
5. warming up before exercising
6. wearing sturdy, quality footwear
7. paying attention to surfaces you’re walking on
8. slowing or stopping activities when you feel fatigued